Ruby Magson: Playing Rugby is one of the best things I have ever done!
20 year old Ruby Magson has been playing Rugby for just over a year, and was very impressive during the Hull Wyke vs RAF ladies game covered by GRM a few weeks ago. Ruby who has represented Yorkshire Rugby League, plays at Cropton Road for Hull Wyke, and here's what she had to say to Grassroots Rugby Media...
1. What do you do in your free time away from playing rugby?
"When I'm not playing rugby I am usually baking, walking around York or watching rugby".
2. Who is the toughest person you have played alongside?
"The toughest person I have played alongside is Davinia "Dee" Richardson, who plays for Wyke with me. She is by far the best player I've played with across the field"
3. Who is the funniest person on the team?
" The funniest person has got to be Amy Temperton! We are the dream team second rowers and she always makes me laugh from other side of the pitch!"
4. If you could change one thing about Ladies Rugby, what would it be?
"One thing I would change about Ladies Rugby would be to get more people down to enjoy the greatest sport in the world!"
5. What advice would you give to young ladies who are considering joining the sport?
"Joining and playing rugby was one of the best things I have ever done, I've taken on a second family that stretches further than my club. Anyone wanting to get involved should do so immediately and join one of the best sports, it's not as scary as you might think!"
Thanks for taking the time out to speak to us Ruby!