Catching up with Rugby Discipline!
Since following @RugbyDiscipline on Twitter a few days ago, I've been glued to my phone and I haven't stopped laughing! RL Disciplinary is a twitter account run by Shaun French who claims to be "52 Seasons old". I managed to have a chat with Shaun to find out if there is more to his high-brow, anecdotal humor than meets the eye! Here's what he told Grassroots Rugby Media:
1. How would you describe yourself using movie titles?
"Shaun of the Dead.... or Wall E"
2. What are you known for?
"The @RugbyDiscipline account on Twitter, my love of heavy metal and my campaign to make Ed Sheeran the first ginger in space without a suit!"
3. Are you more of a Hunter or Gatherer?
" I'm more of a hunter. I have been known to track a chicken kebab for 3 miles by scent".
4. What was the last thing you gave to someone as a gift?
" The last gift I gave was a laptop to a fellow Twitter user who's a massive pain in the arse. There's half a kilo of coke hidden in it, so I'll have the last laugh when I call the feds".
5. We should probably discuss rugby, which Super League team do you support?
"I support Hull FC. They've given me some highs over the years but have also let me down more than an asthmatic balloon-animal maker!".
6. Who would you say is currently the best player in the Super League?
"With no small amount of bias, I'd say Albert Kelly. A maverick player with great hands and footwork, a real rugby brain in there too. If I had to pick a player from another club, I'd say Jordan Lilley. A very natural rugby league player with skills you can't teach. Sadly, he's had a few head-knocks over the last 12 months, why else would you sign for Leeds?"
7. Do you follow any local / Grassroots Rugby Teams?
"My son coaches at junior level and in schools so I take interest in what he's up to and how the game is promoted. More cash needs to be fed in at that level to cope with the other activities that distract potential young players".
8. Name an animal you think would make the perfect Rugby League player.
" What animal? A giraffe would be no good because Sean O'Loughlin can't tackle below the neck. Bulls, Wolves and Rhino's have all shown how badly it can be done. Maybe a cheetah, but there are enough of those in Wigan".
9. A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?
"Hi, I'm here for our blind date. I believe you're looking for a short bird with a massive hat?"
Be sure to give @RugbyDiscipline a follow!